Monday, March 24, 2008

Time to close ebay store, I've had enough!

Well folks, I think it is time to begin the transition of closing our ebay store. eBay is really to much of a loss these days to continue as a viable option in our business plan. This month is another great example of how backwards their system is. I was on a two week vacation that ended this week. I returned back to the world of internet only to find out that I have a new bad feedback, three paypal claims and all my paypal funds are froze. Why, you ask, well because I was on vacation and could not answer my emails. Well, you are thinking I must not have posted my out of town status since folks and ebay are automatically assuming I am choosing them out of over 1,000 transaction to not send their merchandise too. Wrong, posted on each and every listing and on the front page of my ebay store. Matter of fact here is the note, do you think the font is to small?

Hello, Thank you for shopping at Computer Gal's as your business is appreciated! Just a note to let you know that the shop is closed for vacation until Mach 16th 2008. You may still view and purchase your item and it will be shipped just as soon as we re-open . Thank You again for shopping and remember to check the store for any additional items you may need as we love to combine shipping.

I used ebay's vacation tool to notify ebay too. Well, none of the above worked I guess. I got plenty of emails calling me a few choice words such as crook & theif and also got plenty of lawsuit threats too. Now I'm sure you are thinking these people must have ordered pretty expensive items to get so upset. Well is .99 cents expensive? Unfortunately for me, I had no internet use while out, so I could not email my customers and ask them if they noticed the banner across the listing when they ordered their item so they assumed the worse, and started the hate the ebay seller campaign. Well here comes the fun part. Paypal claims are filed and paypal freezes my account so now my funds are held up including the postage paid by my new customers. Fortunately for my customers I have enough in savings to cover the postage for the two weeks worth of orders & counting, while my funds are held up for about thirty days. Now lets assume I did not have any savings for a moment. Paypal's/ebay's tactic of holding the funds of all my orders including new orders while they investigate, does not make a lot of sense. If I did not have any savings like alot of ebay sellers I would not be able to ship any products for possibly up to 30 days. How many unhappy customers would that be for the average powerseller?

I called paypal and they said wow how terrible, your right, but....can't do anything about it. You are a victim of the ebay/paypal automatic we are keeping all your money scheme.

What kills me is, if my package had not arrived when I thought it should have, I would have immediately referred back to the listing to exam the shipping terms, and then would have probably noticed that the poor seller was just on vacation. The scary thing is a couple customers did notice, but were still mad that I did not drive back 500 miles to mail them their .99 cent game once they placed their order. I mean I should have right......I mean who am I to take a vacation.

Oh and to top it all off, my neighbor is telling everyone he is more knowledgeable in computer repair because he thinks he hacked my computer network since he copied a smiley face from my website....Hey neighbor copying a image from the internet is not hacking. You aren't even accessing my business network/files at all. Oh well, like they say, the truth is often stranger then fiction.

No comments: